Monday, December 31, 2018

Oops! I forgot!!

My last post was so long that I forgot to discuss one more detail of my ensemble:  Gloves.

Regency women had a lot of gloves.  Long, elbow-length gloves for evening, short leather gloves for warmth outdoors, lacy little mitts to keep hands warm but fingers free, etc.  

I should wear gloves with my outfit.  But... I'm not a glover, even though I know how, and I can work with leather.  Being ambitious, I have ordered leather for making gloves, however... I only have a month!  So I have also bought a digital pattern to make lacy fingerless mitts.  I can work on those while watching TV at night, so it's more likely I will make those than real gloves.  But... we'll see!  

Here's a picture of the mitt pattern:


Keeping it short and sweet!  Back to cleaning my worktable....

No comments:

Post a Comment