Friday, February 22, 2019

Moving on...

Well, the project turned out nicely, and I think it was well-received.  So, now it's time to move on to other things.  Don't get me wrong--I'm going to keep the blog going, and we'll do 20 Time again 4th quarter.  So...

Projects I am currently focusing on:
  • Keeping my house clean (or clean-er)
  • Reorganizing and redecorating Ella's room
  • Reorganizing my bead storage
  • Napping
  • self-care
I am working on getting my daughter, Ella, to pick up after herself more often.  In cleaning her room, we're decluttering old toys, donating many things, and pretty much clearing out things she no longer wants to hang on to.  Stuffed animals...she wants to keep them all.  Old princess toys, out!  Barbies, out!  Baby toys, out!  Sentimental things, in!  Sigh... my little baby is growing up.  She's going to be 12 in May, and while she is still a kid in many ways, she's also becoming a teenager, and that means changes... moods, favorite things, wearing bras (a highly contested issue), talking about body parts (embarrassing for her!) and changes, you get the idea.  

But...on the other hand, she wants to be with me, and do things with me, and talk to me about things she cares about.  I'm enjoying that.  Sometimes, after a long day of human contacts at school, I want peace and silence, but I get my little chatterbox instead.  Sometimes, she wants to be quiet and alone, and now that we've cleaned her room, she wants to be in it.  I can understand that--I'm the same way!  She is very much like me in personality and interests.  She's very imaginative, creative, sometimes restless, has tons of ideas, loves to read, loves to write, uses big words (correctly!), and when she's in the mood, trying new things.  She's also quite stubborn.  Nut doesn't fall far from the tree...or rather, both parental branches!

I discovered, much to my chagrin, that my old bead storage boxes (clear, hard plastic storage boxes with dividers inside--about 5" x 10") are not working for me anymore.  They are very slippery--and carrying more than two at a time has resulted in boxes crashing on the floor, and bead chaos.  They are also cracking in places.  Most of my recent bead storage involves clear plastic boxes filled with round bottles with screw tops.  These are much more secure than tubes, bottles, and jars with snap-on lids.  The old things' lids pop off, bottles/tubes crack, spill easily, etc.  I have these newer containers in multiple sizes--tall, wide ones for seed beads, short wide ones for flatter and larger beads, small cylinders for very small beads or small bead quantities, etc.  And I've gotten used to being able to pull a bottle and put it with other bottles to develop a project.  So those multiple-divider boxes are not conducive to that kind of work.  

Teemico 1 Set of Transparent Storage Box with 30 Slots for Nail Art Tools Storage Small Parts Beads Jewelry Make up Tools Organizer Container
My bead storage type for the last few years.
For Christmas, my mother-in-law bought me a new container system that I'd seen and was interested in, and put it on my Amazon shopping list.  These boxes are small, so perfect for small beads and quantities, and a lot of my beads are like that.  They are rectangular, with rounded bottoms, and a flip top that closes securely, all of which go in a tray that keeps them lined up neatly, and come with labels you can put on the white lids so that you can keep track of what kind of beads they are, where purchased, cost, etc.  I'm hooked on these boxes!  So I ordered two more from Amazon.  I'm in the process of filling the second tray, emptying the old boxes into individual small boxes, and I'm getting nervous...I only have one tray left!  So...I ordered two more--one with the tiny boxes in a tray, and one with multiple-sized boxes in a tray.  The trays also have locking lids, and stack nicely.  No slippage!




The result of this reorganization is that I will be able to more easily access my bead stash (I've been building it for at least 20 years), put projects together, and use some beads that I forgot I had.  Projects are spinning through my head as I do this, of course!  

Just thought I'd share with you... 

I'm expecting a few packages from Amazon tomorrow:  Bullet Journal supplies.  I'll blog about that soon.  And about other projects I'm developing, as well.  I'm also going to revamp the blog a bit.  I want lighter, brighter colors, and maybe a more broad title (meaning, less specific).

No comments:

Post a Comment