Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Shoes and Mitts

My last post was very long.  This one is short... but part of the update from the last post.

I finished my crocheted lace mitts:



I may add wrist ties (they were included in the pattern), as the wrinkles mid-wrist kinda bother me.  

I also bought shoes!  Here's a picture:

The shoes for the outfit are on the right, as are the stockings (in a package).  The adorable gray flats' kitten faces are in sparkly crystals.  I'm not a big cat fan, but these flats were too cute to pass up!  (and they were on sale) I haven't worn them yet... soon!!

Original shoes were very similar... pointy toes, flats, etc.  I would have preferred boots, but finding boots today that look like ones from the early 1800s are difficult, and expensive.  Sigh...

Shoes c. 1800, Worthing Museum and Art Gallery Costume Collection Shoes, 1815, Nasjonalmuseet
Shoes, 1800’s England or Wales, Museum of Welsh Life
Gorgeous!  I should decorate my new shoes, but I want to wear them afterwards with pants, so I think I'll leave them plain for now.  

Women's Half Boots 1815-1820. Love the side lace ones.
Women's boots, British, 1790-1820, leather.
These were called "half-boots", kind of what we call a bootie these days.  


No comments:

Post a Comment